To meet the demands and challenges identified in the decision-making process, detailed planning processes are needed to further refine the delivery strategy, vaccination schedule, logistics and financial considerations. This section provides suggestions, guidance and tools that specifically support the planning process for implementing influenza vaccination of pregnant women.
By the end of this module you should be able to:
- Explain the importance of a vaccine introduction plan,
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of nationwide versus phased introduction of maternal influenza vaccination,
- Explain how to adapt vaccine delivery strategies to influenza seasonality,
- List WHO recommendations for the timing of maternal influenza vaccination,
- Describe vaccine procurement and supply chain management for maternal influenza vaccination.